F&M wants to back companies with projects that have the potential to become exceptional assets. We look for opportunities where we can unlock significant value by utilizing our Technical Team, who have a proven track record with all types of assets, and combine them with access to capital.
F&M does not have a general investment size. Instead, we assess opportunities on the merits of the project and develop our own view on current and future value. We look to make investments within our identified risk-reward spectrum. Our investment community relationships allow us to issue term sheets into the hundreds of millions of dollars, where appropriate, but the firm is also able to internally finance small deals. Our portfolio companies vary in size, maturity and business model.
Our firm is designed to play any role required to build the asset and unlock value – from Greenfield venture capitalist, to strategic development partner, to turn-around specialist. We have been involved in every group.
We seek out the following:
- Junior private or public companies exploring or operating in strategic resource-focused industries
- Metals & Mining
- Exciting project with the potential to become a world-class producing asset
- Greenfield exploration
- Resource expansion
- Production start / re-start
- Process re-design
- Ability to roll up our sleeves and get involved
- Help define and execute technical plan
- Representation as part of the management team
- Participation on the Board of Directors